About this product
The Directory of African Organizations is the most up-to-date and comprehensive reference to thousands of organizations. The Directory profiles intergovernmental and international nongovernmental organizations active in nearly 60 African countries and territories.
The Directory of African Organizations provides details of:
- intergovernmental organizations and regional bodies and their subsidiary and related bodies
- international non-governmental organizations, including humanitarian and civil society organizations functioning worldwide or regionally, sporting bodies, educational institutions etc.
- organizations of special type – networks, religious orders, treaty secretariats
All types of organizations are included; from the strictly organized to informal networks, from professional associations to recreational societies!
The entries on the organizations give details of:
- organization names – including multilingual variants
- names of presidents, general secretaries, etc.
- addresses of main offices with telephone, fax numbers, e-mail addresses and website URLs
- organization structure and finances
- history and aims
- working languages
- activities and events
- memberships by country
- relationships between organizations
Descriptions are based on profiles supplied by the organizations themselves and supplemented by information from official documents and journals, thus ensuring the reliability of the details in this volume.
Countries covered include: Algeria; Angola; Benin; Botswana; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Cote d’ivoire; Congo; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Djibouti; Egypt; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Niger; Nigeria; Reunion; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Tunisia; Uganda; Western Sahara; Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The entries on organizations listed are arranged alphabetically. Comprehensive indexes are included to aid searches.
For anyone interested in sourcing key data and organisations throughout Africa, look no further than this authoritative and renowned publication.