About this product
This comprehensive survey of the countries of East, South and South-East Asia, fully revised to reflect current economic and political developments, is an essential resource for the entire Asian region.
Fully revised and updated, The Asia Yearbook is a superb the only one-volume guide to provide such extensive coverage of the political, economic and social affairs of this vast region. It is an essential reference source for anyone with professional interest in this important world area. The Yearbook is
- Essential for anyone with a professional interest in the region
- Keeps up-to-date with current economic and political developments
The Asia Yearbook covers major domestic political developments, the foreign policy and socio-economic trends throughout Asia – all related to developments in one calendar year. The Yearbook contains articles on all Asian countries, each of the three sub-regions (East, South and South-East Asia) focusing on major cross-border developments and sub-regional organizations. While the articles have thorough academic quality, the Yearbook is mainly oriented to the requirements of researchers, academic, public, and business libraries, and to governments, corporations, the media, organizations and anyone needing up-to-date information.
The definitive one volume guide to all the East, South, and South East Asian countries, providing invaluable economic, political, statistical and directory data.
The Yearbook has
- Over 500 pages of economic and demographic statistics, wide-ranging directory material and authoritative articles
- Contributions from leading experts on Asian affairs
- Incisive analysis of the latest available information.
- Directory of Asian organizations, research centres and foundations.
Individual chapters on every country incorporating:
- An introductory survey, containing essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy of each country
- An extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education
- A full directory containing names, addresses and contact numbers for key areas such as the government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, tourism, defence and education
- An introductory survey, containing essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy of each country.
- Thoroughly revised and updated analytical articles written by acknowledged experts covering the issues affecting Asia.
- Political maps of the contemporary Asia region and a chronological list of the dates of independence of countries.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Maldives, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor and Vietnam.
For anyone interested in sourcing key data and opinion about this vast region, look no further than this authoritative and renowned annual publication.